Houses on the ramparts (Grabenhäusle)
When war threatened, the free city of Ulm usually engaged additional troops. In 1610, the town built these houses on the ramparts of the town wall, along the West and North sides. In 1634 more of these houses were built on the “Henkersgraben”.
In 1810 the houses were sold predominantly to the occupants; 35 of these houses survived and were renovated in the 1980´s.